The Uniting Church Synod of Victoria and Tasmania makes the following commitment:
- All children who are involved in any of the Uniting Church’s activities, services, events or programs have a right to feel and be safe. The Uniting Church in Australia is committed to provide safe environments where children are cared for, respected, nurtured and sustained.
- We have zero tolerance of all forms of child abuse and will do all in our power to safeguard children from abuse.
- The Church commits itself to the creation and maintenance of a child-safe culture to ensure the care, protection and safety of all children engaging with the Church in any of its entities.
- Abuse thrives on secrecy. To prevent child abuse across the Church, we are committed to providing clear leadership and open and transparent governance to combat secrecy.
- The Church clearly affirms its commitment to upholding the law. This includes the requirement to report abuse to the appropriate authorities.
The Wesley Uniting Church Geelong is committed to implementing the Keeping Children Safe Policy of the Uniting Church in Australia, Synod of Victoria and Tasmania.
A copy of our commitment can be found here: