Your wedding is one of the most significant occasions in your life. A time when you gather with your family and friends to publicly celebrate the love you share. Wesley Church provides a beautiful setting and environment for weddings. The prayerful intimacy of this sanctuary, with its pipe organ and stained glass makes it a popular venue for many couples.
You are welcome to contact our Minister to arrange to come in and savour the beauty of our Church.
What happens at a wedding?
- The Minister welcomes everyone present and reminds them of God's purposes in instituting marriage.
Marriage is given that husband and wife may enrich and encourage each other in every part of their life together...
- There are readings from the Bible and an opportunity to hear what the wisdom of the Scriptures have to say about marriage.
- The bride and the groom promise to give themselves to one another "for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, so long as we both shall live."
- Wedding rings are blessed and exchanged as a sign of the vows that have been taken, and that the commitment is unending.
- The Minister blesses the married couple.
- Prayers are offered by everyone present for the couple and their future together.
Investing in your relationship
Your relationship is special. At Wesley, we encourage couples to undertake a marriage preparation course.
There are several options:
- You can undergo a period of preparation with our Minister which will involve doing Prepare, a computer-based questionnaire. This is a tool that helps you to identify the strengths in your relationships and the areas which you need to work on.
- You could undertake a marriage preparation course. LifeWorks brochures detailing course and cost information are available by contacting our Minister, or at the LifeWorks website.
In the course of your time of preparation, our Minister will also guide you through the wedding ceremony and help you with choices of readings and music.
Organist and music
The parish has a pipe organ and we would be very pleased to talk about music with you. We welcome soloists and other musical requests. Please call the Church Office on 5229 8866 for further information.
We would be pleased to receive your enquiries about the possibility of celebrating your marriage at Wesley Uniting Church. Please remember to make sure the date and time of your wedding ceremony is confirmed prior to finalising arrangements for the reception.